Thursday, September 19, 2013

Some pics of Italy & India & a few words


After a 12 hr layover at zurich airport in which we slept in various awkward positions we boarded our plane to Delhi, India, arriving to our hotel at 1:30am. I will quote a journal entry from Tracey to sum up the morning:

"We stepped out of our hotel to the searing heat and chaos and I thought, 'holy crap, we are back in India.'  I noticed that it is harder to travel as we get older but I can't put my finger on exactly why.  It's not medications or our overall health that is the problem.  It's more of the fear and anxiety that comes with more experiences/knowledge, & less innocence. While we are on this part of the trip I will be practicing the art of letting go while trying to be vigilant & as safe as possible."

Here are some pics of our wonderful and relaxing day (seriously) at the Lodi Gardens & Gurudwara Bangla Sahib (Sikh temple).  The time spent at the temple, especially listening to the music and chanting was quite inspiring for both of us.  We had an amazing lunch at Kwality Restaurant before heading back and picking up our train tickets from the wonderful guide, Asutosh Sharma.  Mr. Sharma is great and we highly recommend him if traveling to India. Below are some pics of India so far and a few left over pics from Italy:

At Gurdwara Bangla Sahib

At Lodi Gardens

At Lodi Gardens

At Lodi Gardens

Lunch at Kwality

Florence

Montapulciano

Montapulciano


Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment